NIRDP hosted a study day for health professionals and care providers in Strabane, Co Tyrone, on 6th March. Participants came from all over the Western Health and Social Care Trust area, and from Donegal.
The event was chaired by Dr Colette Donaghy, consultant neurologist, and there was expert input from
- Dr Aine Abbott, GP
- Majella McConville, Nurse Specialist, Huntington’s Disease
- Kat Haines, Nurse Specialist, Progressive Supranuclear Palsy
- Alison Dick, Motor Neurone Disease Network Coordinator
Carers Pat and Fiona, and Paul, who lives with MND, spoke about their personal experiences of the impact of rare disease.
In the afternoon there were workshop sessions
- Compassion fatigue- how am I doing?
- Family scenario-who do I tell?
- Challenges in rare disease- supporting the carer
Completed evaluations show the event to have been successful, and more of the type have been requested.
We look forward to working with you.